What You Need To Know About Fractional Laser Resurfacing With Fotona
Laser technology works by disrupting the skin in order to initiate a cellular response to the activity produced by the laser energy
Research and development for laser machinery has advanced tremendously over the last few decades from companies like Fotona, a leading manufacturer of high-performance lasers for several decades. One of the newest additions that Dr. Torgerson is proud to announce at his Toronto Cosmetic and Laser Clinic is the Fotona SP Dynamis laser machine.
Fotona 4D laser technology, gently resurfaces, rejuvenates the skin
Fotona SP Dynamis
Fotona SP Dynamis uses the 2 top high-performance aesthetic lasers in the industry: the Nd:YAG and the erbium YAG (Er:YAG). Typically, Nd:YAG is used for pigmentation removal within the dermis such as treatments for sun damage, tattoo removal, veins, and much more. Erbium, on the other hand, is traditionally known as an ablative laser that causes controlled dermal injury that engages the body to reproduce healthier, fresher cells in response to the thermal effects of the erbium YAG in the skin. Both lasers can resurface the skin, with erbium being the more impactful of the two. Erbium lasers can remove many layers of the skin while keeping the tissue intact with the channels of ablation they create on the surface of the skin.
Erbium laser-resurfacing treatments allow for the healing of the skin to occur because of the way the laser is delivered to the skin. The laser energy emits fractionated laser beams that ablate narrow-diameter channels into the treatment areas of the skin. The remaining areas of the skin are left unharmed and provide structural support as the body begins to work on healing the laser-induced dermal injury in the skin structure.
Fotona SP Dynamis is the latest laser technology that can effectively resurface the skin with or without ablation. This option to switch between the ablative and non-ablative modalities of the erbium laser is an advanced treatment option discovered by Fotona researchers in Slovenia. Their high-performance lasers have been heavily researched and developed to produce an innovative approach towards the utility of lasers and their application for aesthetic purposes.
Fotona laser treatments are completely non-invasive, with no downtime
Skin resurfacing with Fotona involves Er:YAG laser with customizable settings that offer adjustable treatment options to suit the patient’s skin type and concerns. The ability to change parameters for practitioners permits them to provide higher-quality services to best meet their patients’ requirements.
Er:YAG fractionated laser is emitted to the epidermal layers of the skin in an “island-like” setting where laser injury is caused in equal proportions across the surface of the skin, while the surrounding tissue cells remain intact. The ablated treatment areas engage the body’s wound-healing response to stimulate fibroblasts to activate the production of new collagen. The method of channeled ablation versus full-field ablation of the skin yields highly favourable advantages for the patient and their treatment experience. It requires less downtime and less discomfort while still initiating neocollagenesis: the process of skin remodelling.
Fotona fractional laser skin-resurfacing treatments are safe and effective with rapid healing times that produce substantial improvements to the presented irregularities targeted by the laser-resurfacing treatments.
Laser skin resurfacing can effectively achieve the following improvements: – Treating sun-damaged, aging skin, possibly with acquired pigmented lesions (e.g. lentigo senilis, a.k.a. sun spots) – Reduce fine lines and mild wrinkles – Revise scars and improve the appearance of scars – Reduce stretch marks – Enhance drug delivery – Improve acne scars – Improve skin laxity – Improve skin tone – Improve skin texture – Improve discoloration – Reduce pore size – Reduce appearance of surface irregularities
Fractional Laser Resurfacing
Fractional laser resurfacing with Fotona SP Dynamis is an advanced way to treat your skin for surface improvements. If you would like to learn more about how to enhance the skin on your face or body, contact our office today to schedule your consultation with one of our skin specialists!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Fotona Laser Treatment
- 2D Non-Invasive Body Contouring
- Acne Scar Resurfacing For The Cheeks
- Benefits Of Laser Face Lifting
- Bikini-Ready Body Treatments
- Deep Fractionated Laser Treatments with Fotona
- Do This Once A Week To Look Slimmer Fast
- Fotona IncontiLase Treatments for Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Fotona Laser Arm Lifting
- Fotona Laser Skin Tightening
- Fotona Laser Treatments For The Hands
- Fotona Piano Mode Laser Facial Rejuvenation
- Fotona RenovaLase – Vaginal Atrophy Laser Treatment
- Fotona Smooth Mode for Gynecology
- Fotona TightSculpting
- Head-to-toe Aesthetic Treatments - Part 2: Upper Body
- Head-to-Toe Aesthetic Treatments – Part 1: Head And Neck
- Head-to-Toe Aesthetic Treatments – Part 3 : Lower Body
- Hot Vs. Cold
- HotSculpting FAQ Part 1
- HotSculpting FAQ Part 2
- HotSculpting Vs. SculpSure
- How Does Laser Breast Lifting Work?
- How To Contour Your Jawline With Fotona Laser Treatments
- Ideal Laser Breast Lifting Candidates
- IntimaLase - Laser Vaginal Tightening
- Know Your Non-Surgical Body-Contouring Options
- Laser Breast Lifting – FAQ – Part 1
- Laser Breast Lifting – FAQ – Part 2
- Laser Brow Lifting With Fotona
- Laser Neck Lifting With Fotona
- Laser Skin Rejuvenation With FRAC3
- Lip Plumping with Fotona
- Non-Invasive Facial Contouring Options For Upper Face
- Non-Invasive Laser Body Contouring For New Moms
- Non-Surgical Neck Lift With Fotona
- Piano Mode Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Reduce Rosacea With Fotona
- The Power Of Laser Face Lifting With Fotona 4D
- What Is Smooth Mode?
- What You Need to Know About Fractional Laser Resurfacing with Fotona