IntimaLase – Laser Vaginal Tightening
IntimaLase is the latest minimally invasive laser treatment offered at Dr. Torgerson’s Cosmetic Laser Centre that effectively treats female patients with vaginal relaxation syndrome (VRS).
VRS refers to the loss of structural support in the tissue of the vaginal canal from natural physiological changes like childbirth, menopause, and aging. The development of laxity in the vaginal walls results in a wider vagina with weaker vaginal muscles that contribute to decreased sexual gratification and the development of other secondary conditions like urinary incontinence and vaginal atrophy. Loss of vaginal tightness can affect women and their partners’ sexual relations, as the weak vaginal muscles result in less stimulation due to the lack of frictional contact during sexual intercourse.
Current methods of vaginal restoration include vaginoplasty or perineoplasty surgery, which involve high risks of further damage to the architecture of the urogenital areas in the female body. Risks associated with the surgical rearrangement of vaginal and peripheral tissue include bleeding, pain, infection, scarring, and the alteration of sensations in the operated areas. Although women do choose surgical vaginal rejuvenation procedures, with the rise in the popularity of cosmetic gynecology, consumers are demonstrating massive interest in non-surgical treatments. Why? Non-surgical procedures can be incorporated into realistic schedules with quick treatments that require no downtime and no reported adverse side effects in clinical studies.
Fotona 4D laser technology, gently resurfaces, rejuvenates the skin
How does IntimaLase work?
At Dr. Torgerson’s Clinic, IntimaLase procedures are performed by our experienced laser nurses. They take great care in assessing each individual patient’s medical history, desired cosmetic goals, and expectations to curate a highly customized treatment program that addresses the patient’s vaginal muscle laxity concerns.
IntimaLase procedures are performed using Fotona’s advanced dual-wavelength technology with the SP Dynamis laser system utilizing the 2940nm Er:YAG laser under Smooth Mode. Smooth Mode safely emits thermal energy to the mucous tissue of the vaginal canal and introitus area with no ablation. IntimaLase is the latest state-of-the-art, dual-step procedure that effectively treats the internal part of the vagina with subsequent treatment of the vestibule and introitus area. IntimaLase is a comprehensive laser vaginal-tightening procedure that treats the internal vaginal canal as well as the external properties of the female genital anatomy.
Fotona laser treatments are completely non-invasive, with no downtime
Who is a good candidate?
Women who have undergone physiological changes associated with pregnancy, childbirth, or menopause are ideal candidates for IntimaLase laser vaginal-tightening treatments. Clinical studies associated with laser vaginal treatments report 83% satisfaction rates and 90% sufficient or improved sexual activity. Patients presented with any of the following conditions (but not limited to these) are not suitable candidates for IntimaLase laser vaginal-tightening treatments:
- Sexual dysfunctions
- Libido dysfunctions
- Severe prolapse
- Neurological conditions
- Vaginal lesions
- Genitourinary tract infections
- Abnormal or irregular bleeding
- Photosensitivity disorder
- Ingestion of photosensitizing drugs
- Auto-immune diseases
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
How are treatments performed?
IntimaLase procedures involve a 2-step process:
1st step. The entire vaginal wall is treated using a Fotona proprietary circular adapter, full-beam handpiece. The speculum is rotated 30 degrees after 3 passes, subsequently treating the entire vaginal canal.
2nd step. The vaginal vestibule and introitus are treated with laser energy delivered directly to the exterior portion of the vagina.
Patients are recommended to do 2 to 3 treatments spaced a month apart to achieve optimal vaginal-tightening results. Patients can generally resume sexual activities 3 days after their IntimaLase treatments. IntimaLase treatments are not recommended during the patient’s menstrual cycle.
Want to learn more?
IntimaLase is a quick out-patient procedure that is safe and effective in treating the symptoms of vaginal relaxation syndrome. This treatment requires no incisions, no bleeding, and no post-operative therapy . . . and there are no adverse side effects.
All IntimaLase patients are subject to gynecological examinations and the evaluation of muscle tone/contractility to quantify the level of improvements achieved with their procedures.
If you are experiencing the symptoms of vaginal relaxation syndrome or if you are concerned about the strength of your vaginal walls after childbirth, contact Dr. Torgerson’s Cosmetic Clinic. We can schedule a consultation for you with one of our female laser nurses. They carefully assess each patient’s individual requirements to formulate a treatment program catered to the patient’s enhancement goals.
Fotona Laser Treatment
- 2D Non-Invasive Body Contouring
- Acne Scar Resurfacing For The Cheeks
- Benefits Of Laser Face Lifting
- Bikini-Ready Body Treatments
- Deep Fractionated Laser Treatments with Fotona
- Do This Once A Week To Look Slimmer Fast
- Fotona IncontiLase Treatments for Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Fotona Laser Arm Lifting
- Fotona Laser Skin Tightening
- Fotona Laser Treatments For The Hands
- Fotona Piano Mode Laser Facial Rejuvenation
- Fotona RenovaLase – Vaginal Atrophy Laser Treatment
- Fotona Smooth Mode for Gynecology
- Fotona TightSculpting
- Head-to-toe Aesthetic Treatments - Part 2: Upper Body
- Head-to-Toe Aesthetic Treatments – Part 1: Head And Neck
- Head-to-Toe Aesthetic Treatments – Part 3 : Lower Body
- Hot Vs. Cold
- HotSculpting FAQ Part 1
- HotSculpting FAQ Part 2
- HotSculpting Vs. SculpSure
- How Does Laser Breast Lifting Work?
- How To Contour Your Jawline With Fotona Laser Treatments
- Ideal Laser Breast Lifting Candidates
- IntimaLase - Laser Vaginal Tightening
- Know Your Non-Surgical Body-Contouring Options
- Laser Breast Lifting – FAQ – Part 1
- Laser Breast Lifting – FAQ – Part 2
- Laser Brow Lifting With Fotona
- Laser Neck Lifting With Fotona
- Laser Skin Rejuvenation With FRAC3
- Lip Plumping with Fotona
- Non-Invasive Facial Contouring Options For Upper Face
- Non-Invasive Laser Body Contouring For New Moms
- Non-Surgical Neck Lift With Fotona
- Piano Mode Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Reduce Rosacea With Fotona
- The Power Of Laser Face Lifting With Fotona 4D
- What Is Smooth Mode?
- What You Need to Know About Fractional Laser Resurfacing with Fotona