Fotona RenovaLase – Vaginal Atrophy Laser Treatment
Fotona Laser systems are the leading advanced laser modules that are engineered with dynamic applications to treat multiple types of non-invasive procedures for the entire body
Cosmetic gynecology is the latest craze in aesthetic laser treatments that can help patients combat the signs of aging in the genitourinary regions of the female body. RenovaLase treatment is a non-ablative, non-invasive laser treatment specifically designed to treat vaginal atrophy in post-menopausal females. Vaginal atrophy is a common post-menopausal condition that affects millions of women across the world. Vaginal atrophy is also known as atrophic vaginitis, or more recently identified as the genitourinary syndrome of menopause (GSM). It is the physiological response to the lower levels of estrogen caused by menopause. The lower production of hormones in women often leads to vaginal atrophy. It also involves the thinning and drying of the vaginal wall tissue as well as inflammation, which leads to the loss of elasticity and weakening of the muscles in the vagina.
Fotona 4D laser technology, gently resurfaces, rejuvenates the skin
Vaginal Atrophy Symptoms
- Painful intercourse
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Vaginal dryness
- Vaginal burning
- Vaginal discharge
- Genital itching
- Burning with urination
- Increased occurrence of urinary tract infections
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Shortening and tightening of the vaginal canal
How Does RenovaLase Work?
At Dr. Torgerson’s Clinic, RenovaLase procedures are performed by Dr. Colleen McDermott, a qualified and experienced gynecologist who takes great care in assessing each individual patient’s medical history, desired cosmetic goals, and expectations to curate a highly customized treatment program to address vaginal atrophy symptoms in patients.
Fotona RenovaLase laser therapy procedures are performed using Fotona’s advanced dual-wavelength technology with the SP Dynamis laser system using the 2940nm er:YAG laser under Smooth Mode. Smooth Mode safely emits non-invasive laser heat to initiate photothermal activity in the vaginal canal tissue. The process of controlled heating of vaginal tissue stimulates angiogenesis, which increases collagen and elastin fibroblast formation without thermal or ablation damage. Fotona RenovaLase treatments result in the increased thickness of the epithelial tissue as well as the vascularisation of the lamina propria, contributing to an overall rejuvenation of the vaginal mucosa.
Fotona laser treatments are completely non-invasive, with no downtime
Who Is A Good Candidate?
Women who are experiencing the signs of menopause accompanied with mild to moderate stress or mixed urinary incontinence are ideal candidates for RenovaLase treatments of their genitourinary system. Menopause women may also find relief of their post menopausal symptoms with RenovaLase treatments, which improve the vaginal discomfort associated with vaginal atrophy such as vaginal dryness, itching, and weakened vaginal walls. RenovaLase laser technology helps restore pelvic and vaginal strength, meaning that mothers who have undergone single or multiple pregnancies and vaginal child births are ideal candidates for these treatments.
Lifestyle influences that can further exacerbate the associated symptoms of vaginal atrophy include:
Smoking is detrimental to the overall health of the entire body. The female reproductive system is no exception. Smoking decreases blood circulation, causing lower levels of oxygen supply to the vagina and the surrounding tissue. Smoking also affects the level of estrogen production in the female body, which often causes earlier symptoms of menopause in smokers.
No vaginal births
Reasearch in gynecology suggests that women who have given vaginal births are at a lower risk of developing vaginal atrophy than women who have not had vaginal births.
No sexual activity
Sexual activity increases blood flow to the vagina, so patients with zero or minimal sexual activity are more likely to be affected by the symptoms associated with menopause.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Want To Learn More?
All RenovaLase patients are subject to gynecological examinations with an evaluation of muscle tone/contractility to quantify the level of improvements achieved with their procedures.
If you are experiencing the symptoms of vaginal atrophy or you are concerned about symptoms associated with menopause, contact our Toronto cosmetic clinic to schedule your complimentary consultation with our experienced in-house gynecologist, Dr. Colleen McDermott.
Dr. McDermott is an expert in the field of obstetrics and gynecology with extensive experience in female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery. Dr. McDermott carefully assesses each individual patient’s unique requirements to formulate a treatment program catered to her patients’ enhancement goals.
Fotona Laser Treatment
- Fotona TightSculpting
- What You Need To Know About Fractional Laser Resurfacing With Fotona
- What Is Smooth Mode?
- The Power Of Laser Face Lifting With Fotona 4D
- Reduce Rosacea With Fotona
- Piano Mode Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Non-Surgical Neck Lift With Fotona
- Non-Invasive Facial Contouring Options For Upper Face
- Non-Invasive Laser Body Contouring For New Moms
- Lip Plumping With Fotona
- Laser Brow Lifting With Fotona
- Laser Neck Lifting With Fotona
- Laser Skin Rejuvenation With FRAC3
- Know Your Non-Surgical Body-Contouring Options
- Laser Breast Lifting – FAQ – Part 1
- Laser Breast Lifting – FAQ – Part 2
- IntimaLase - Laser Vaginal Tightening
- Ideal Laser Breast Lifting Candidates
- How To Contour Your Jawline With Fotona Laser Treatments
- How Does Laser Breast Lifting Work?
- HotSculpting Vs. SculpSure
- HotSculpting FAQ Part 2
- HotSculpting FAQ Part 1
- Head-to-Toe Aesthetic Treatments – Part 3 : Lower Body
- Head-to-toe Aesthetic Treatments - Part 2 : Upper Body
- Head-to-Toe Aesthetic Treatments – Part 1 : Head And Neck
- Hot Vs. Cold
- Fotona Laser Treatments For The Hands
- Fotona IncontiLase Treatments for Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Fotona RenovaLase – Vaginal Atrophy Laser Treatment
- Fotona Laser Arm Lifting
- Fotona Smooth Mode for Gynecology
- Fotona Laser Skin Tightening
- Fotona Piano Mode Laser Facial Rejuvenation
- Do This Once A Week To Look Slimmer Fast
- Deep Fractionated Laser Treatments With Fotona
- Bikini-Ready Body Treatments
- Benefits Of Laser Face Lifting
- Acne Scar Resurfacing For The Cheeks
- 2D Non-Invasive Body Contouring
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.