Rhinoplasty – Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
When preparing for the best rhinoplasty in Toronto, surgeon selection is your first step to ensuring fantastic results.
Dr. Cory Torgerson is well known as a rhinoplasty expert. Here are some of Dr. Torgerson’s tips for getting the best results from your surgery. In preparation for your rhinoplasty, it’s best to get an early start so that you can avoid last-minute stress. Around 2 weeks before your procedure is scheduled, we recommend you have a friend or family member lined up to drive you home from the clinic after your procedure, since you will be unable to drive. It’s also recommended that you arrange for someone to stay with you for at least the first 24 hours after the surgery. When Dr. Torgerson’s rhinoplasty patients have someone to help out with day-to-day responsibilities such as groceries, childcare, and pet care, they report easier and stress-free recovery. Stocking up on prepared meals ahead of time can also help you stay relaxed during your recovery.
Nose Harmony with Facial Features
2 Weeks Before Surgery
Around 2 weeks before surgery, it’s very important that you stop drinking alcohol and smoking. Alcohol can have a thinning effect on the blood, which increases bruising, and chemicals in cigarettes decrease blood flow, which may impair healing.
Another important tip to remember before your procedure is to avoid taking aspirin or ibuprofen. Because many medications interfere with the blood’s ability to clot, they are risky to take before or immediately after a surgery. If you need pain medication in the 2 weeks before your procedure, it is advisable to take acetaminophen instead.
Many people use herbal supplements as part of their daily routine. However, the best rhinoplasty surgeons in Toronto will want to know what their patients have taken and advise them to stop most supplements because they can have negative consequences. Discuss medications and supplements with your rhinoplasty surgeon in Toronto. The best prevention is preparation.
Recovery Period as Smooth as Possible
A week before surgery, it’s a good idea to go shopping and ensure you have a few key items on hand. Laxatives or stool softeners are useful for some people because decreased activity, food intake, and medications can lead to constipation. Comfortable clothes, especially those that button or zip in front rather than go over the head, can help you avoid unnecessary discomfort and keep your new nose safe.
Since you will have to breathe through your mouth for the first few days, stocking up on lozenges, lip balm, and beverages is a good idea, as the mouth can become temporarily dry.
Dr. Torgerson prides himself on his meticulous and patient-centered approach to cosmetic surgery. Prior to any procedure, our clinic will provide an extensive list of instructions designed to make the recovery period as smooth as possible and ensure optimal results.
To get started, we welcome you to contact our clinic for a consultation today.
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- History of Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- How To Prepare For Rhinoplasty Consultation
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Nose Job Alternatives: What Can You Do Instead Of Rhinoplasty
- Nose Job Reviews and Rhinoplasty Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.