How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
People can be dissatisfied with their noses for a number of reasons.
Some feel their nose is too big or not symmetrical enough while others have trouble with the function of the nose itself, such as the breathing difficulty that can be caused by a deviated septum. This dissatisfaction can occur at any age, leading many people to ask the question, “How old do you need to be to have a nose job?”. The answer to that question depends on a few circumstances. However, most rhinoplasty surgeons will not do a procedure on anyone under 16 years old. There are a few reasons for this.
Your Nose Is Still Growing Until You 16 Years Old
An optimal age for a rhinoplasty
The first reason is that your nose does not stop growing until you are about 15 or 16 years old. If you have a rhinoplasty procedure done before your nose has quit growing, it can have serious effects in the future. As the nose continues to grow, it may upset the rest of your facial growth, giving you compressed cheek bones or misalignment of the upper and lower teeth, which can cause irregular bite patterns.
The second reason for waiting until at least age 16 is emotional development. Many teens are not emotionally mature enough to make a life-altering decision such as a nose job. They fail to realize that the results are long lasting. It is not something that they can get rid of later on in life like a piece of clothing, a phone, or a pair of shoes. If you are the parent of a teen who wants a nose job, talk to them at length about it. The following are some guidelines you may wish to use:
– It is long lasting.
– Ask them about their expectations for having a nose job. Do they think it will automatically get them more friends or make them more popular?
– Consider a few visits with a counsellor or therapist about their reasoning for a nose job before they visit a rhinoplasty surgeon.
– Make sure they understand the risks involved and exactly what the limitations are to the nose that the doctor can give them.
Children Could Have A Deviated Septum For A Number Of Reasons
Young children and nose jobs
The only times a young child may be considered for rhinoplasty is in the case of improving breathing such as in the case of a deviated septum or if there was trauma to the nose. If it is a matter of improving breathing and reducing health risks to the child, then the rhinoplasty surgeon will do the procedure on someone younger than 15 or 16 years old.
Young children could have a deviated septum for a number of reasons. It could have been caused by an accident with a bicycle or fall on a playground. It could also be as the result of a birth defect. If the purpose of the rhinoplasty is to improve breathing and ultimately improve the health of the child, the procedure can prove beneficial if performed by an experienced surgeon.
Can you be too old for a nose job?
Now even people in their mid- to late 50s or older can benefit from rhinoplasty. Either it improves their breathing or gives them a new sense of confidence and better looks, or both.
If you are considering rhinoplasty surgery for yourself, your first step is to contact the office of Dr. Torgerson to schedule your consultation.
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- History of Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- How To Prepare For Rhinoplasty Consultation
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Nose Job Alternatives: What Can You Do Instead Of Rhinoplasty
- Nose Job Reviews and Rhinoplasty Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.