Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
You may have questions concerning rhinoplasty, either for yourself or for someone you love who is contemplating having a rhinoplasty.
Here are some of the top questions asked about rhinoplasty – and their answers.
First, check with your regular doctor for a referral, check with the medical board, and then schedule a consultation with the surgeon of your choice. In addition to finding an experienced facial plastic surgeon, you want to make sure that you choose a doctor who is well experienced in performing rhinoplasties. You’ll also want to be sure to choose an individual who you feel comfortable with and who can share your vision for your desired results.
Generally speaking, rhinoplasty is fairly safe
What are the risks of rhinoplasty?
However, as with any surgery, there are some risks, which include infection, bleeding, and scarring. There is also a risk that you won’t achieve the aesthetics you desire, especially if you are working with a less qualified surgeon.
How old do you have to be to get a rhinoplasty?
Normally, unless there is a medical reason, most rhinoplasty surgeons will not perform surgery on anyone under 16 because the nose does not stop growing until then. There is no upper age limit for when the surgery can be performed.
Are stitches used in rhinoplasty?
There will be small stitches (sutures) inside the nose. There may also be sutures on the outside if there were any incisions made on the outside of the nose. These will be self-dissolving stitches, and 99% of the time they will not need to be removed. They dissolve on their own within a few weeks.
What type of anesthesia is used?
Your surgeon will either use a general or a local anaesthesia, along with a sedative.
During and After Rhinoplasty
When can I return to school, work, and normal activities?
Generally, you can return to work or school and resume light activities after 1 week. More strenuous activities can usually be resumed after 3 to 6 weeks. As recovery time varies from patient to patient, always follow the recommendations of your surgeon on this.
Where can I learn more about rhinoplasty?
You can contact any of the rhinoplasty clinics in or around Toronto to find out more about the procedure, pricing, and surgeons.
Will my insurance cover rhinoplasty?
Possibly. If the procedure is being done for a medical reason such as a deviated septum or if it is being done to repair damage from an accident or illness, it may be covered by insurance. Check with your insurance provider to see if you qualify for coverage.
What if the results are not what I wanted?
The results of a rhinoplasty can take several months to a year to be fully visible as the nose settles. For this reason, you should wait at least one full year to see the results. If after that time you are not satisfied, you can seek an adjustment surgery.
If you have more questions about rhinoplasty, we invite you to contact the office of Dr. Cory Torgerson. Our medical team will be pleased to help!
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- History of Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- How To Prepare For Rhinoplasty Consultation
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Nose Job Alternatives: What Can You Do Instead Of Rhinoplasty
- Nose Job Reviews and Rhinoplasty Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.