What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
If you are considering a nose job, you might be wondering what is involved in a rhinoplasty surgery
Let’s take a look at the procedure from start to finish.There are four main steps in the procedure which are:
- Consultation and decision
The process begins with a consultation
Consultation and Decision
Perhaps you have been unhappy with the appearance of your nose for some time. Perhaps you even have a medical issue such a deviated septum which has prompted you to consider rhinoplasty. Whatever your reasoning is, the process begins with a consultation.
Contact a well-qualified facial cosmetic surgeon such as Dr. Cory Torgerson to schedule your appointment. During your consultation, your face will be examined by the surgeon. You will be asked a series of questions about your medical history as well as your personal goals for having rhinoplasty. Once it is determined that you are a good candidate for the procedure, you will be shown some before and after photos from previous patients and a computer generated image will be produced in order to show you what you can expect in your own appearance should you decide to go ahead with rhinoplasty surgery.
Once you have decided to undergo the procedure, the surgery will be scheduled and you will be given very specific instructions on what you need to do to prepare for the procedure.
Rhinoplasty is generally considered a safe procedure however, there are still things that the patient must do in order to minimize the risks
Preparing for surgery
If you are a smoker, you will be instructed to quit smoking at least two weeks prior to the surgery. You will also have to provide your surgeon with a list of any medications that you may be taking. Some of these such as NSAIDs and blood thinners, you will be instructed to stop for a period of time before the surgery – others may be ok to continue taking.
You will also want to arrange ahead of time to have someone who can drive you to and from the clinic on the day of your surgery. And don’t forget to stock up on things that you will need during your recovery – fill prescriptions from your surgeon ahead of time, and make sure you have lots of liquids and soft foods in your home as you’re likely not going to feel like grocery shopping for a few days once you’ve had your nose job.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
The rhinoplasty surgery will generally take 1 to 2 hours from start to finish, but in some cases it can take as long as 4 hours
The surgeon will make incisions inside and possibly on the outside of the nose, then remove or reshape cartilage or even add some depending on what you have opted to have done. Then a cast will be placed on your nose for the next 7 days to keep it in place while it heals.
The next 7 to 10 days you may have some minor discomfort with swelling and bruising. Pay attention to the recovery instructions given to you to make sure that your nose heals. During this time, it can be difficult to breathe through your nose, so you will want to take in a lot of liquids to keep your mouth and throat hydrated. Also, some swelling is to be expected, so it is recommended that you sleep sitting up in a recliner in order to minimize this. Usually within 2 to 3 weeks the swelling and discoloration will be gone and you can return to normal activities.
It is only natural that some people feel anxious about undergoing a rhinoplasty procedure, but knowing ahead of time what to expect can make the process easier. If you have any further questions or concerns about this type of surgery, we encourage you to call our offices and speak to a member of our medical staff.
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- History of Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto’s Nose-Reshaping Secrets: Why It’s Getting Harder to Tell Who’s Had Nose Jobs
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?