How To Prepare For Rhinoplasty Consultation
In Toronto, nose-reshaping surgery is quickly becoming one of the most popular types of plastic surgery, but also one of the most complex. Even for the most skilled facial plastic surgeon, there is an inherent challenge in performing a nose job that leaves the patient satisfied with the outcome. How can you prepare for quality consultations, planning, and results? Read this and save time.
Browsing rhinoplasty before and after photos is a fun pre-planning step for many people, but you’ll need to meet an expert facial plastic surgeon in person to really start your journey. Some critical information will be found on plastic surgery websites before you even reach out to the clinic. You’ll need to ask any other essential questions in person. We encourage everyone to bring a list of questions to your first appointment.
A Toronto nose-reshaping surgery candidate will need to know everything from preparation tips and essentials to expectations for recovery. Your surgeon will be happy to see that you’ve come prepared and will help you feel confident with your decision.
What is their area of expertise?
Questions to ask before Rhinoplasty
When it comes to nose reshaping, it’s imperative that you seek out a facial plastic surgeon who specializes in nose jobs. While perhaps they are experienced in a vast range of cosmetic procedures, general plastic surgeons do not necessarily possess the experience and specific education that the specialty of nose reshaping requires. There are multiple factors to be considered regarding nose reshaping: the bone structure, previous injuries, skin type, ethnicity, and age of the patient. It is frequently said that a facial plastic surgeon isn’t just a doctor, but an artist as well. It takes first a creative eye to design the nose and, second, the precision to execute the procedure. Dr. Cory Torgerson, with his 18-plus years of post-secondary education, is one such facial plastic surgeon.
Can they give you a celebrity nose?
We certainly hope not. An facial plastic experienced surgeon will pay attention to the results you want, but they will also remind you that your nose has to fit your face. While you may admire the profile and contour of, say, Kim Kardashian’s nose, the same shape and size may not look natural on your face. An experienced surgeon will gently guide you through the expectations and limitations of your nose job. Ultimately, your nose should be proportionate to your facial structure. Part of Dr. Torgerson’s rhinoplasty assessment involves the use of his state-of-the-art 3D Vectra imaging system. This technology allows the patient a unique glimpse of realistic, potential results when matching their desires with Dr. Torgerson’s surgical skills.
How long does it usually take to recover?
From the moment you walk into Dr. Torgerson’s clinic, you will be guided through each stage of your nose reshaping surgery, from preparation to recovery. Following rhinoplasty, it is often advised that the patient takes a week off of work or school to rest and recover. During the post-operative period, the patient may experience some discoloration, swelling, puffiness, and in some cases, slight bleeding. Pain management is discussed in the consultation, and medication may be prescribed to offset any discomfort, although most patients find it manageable. Generally, within 10 to 14 days of nose-reshaping surgery, swelling and discoloration will have subsided. However, the definition and subtle changes will continue to emerge as the healing takes place.
Rhinoplasty Surgery Cost
How Much Does it Cost?
Rhinoplasty can be a substantial investment, so it’s a reasonable question to ask. While much of the cost is dependent on the skill set of the surgeon, there are other factors to consider. The location of the clinic plays a significant role. A densely populated urban area will probably raise the price, but you will also have access to more experienced and qualified surgeons. The complexity of your rhinoplasty is also a significant determinant. As it is cosmetic surgery, there are fees that a non-elective patient would not incur. These fees include anaesthesia, nursing staff, and the use of the facility, which provides for the surgical equipment and medication.
With all of this being said, the cost of nose-reshaping surgery in Toronto runs between $6,000 and $13,000 + HST on average. (Note that prices are subject to change over time.) Because rhinoplasty doesn’t come with a light price tag, that’s all the more reason to do your research. You need to be satisfied with the answers you get from your surgeon. If you don’t feel that you’ve been given a definitive answer regarding the total cost, keep looking. Hidden expenses that appear after your surgery lead to distrust and disappointment. Building trust and rapport with your surgeon before your rhinoplasty are essential.
For greater clarity and patient confidence, Dr. Torgerson’s pricing is straightforward. His quote will include the fees mentioned above as well as the costs associated with all your appointments with the surgeon, which consists of the visit to sign consent before the procedure and your post-surgical appointments for one year following your nose-reshaping surgery. Pain medication and antibiotics can result in out-of-pocket expenses if you don’t have an insured drug plan. While seldom required, having an overnight nurse would also be an added expense. Most patients recover well enough to go home the same day of their surgery, and they can manage nicely without this service.
questions to ask rhinoplasty surgeon
Schedule a consultation and find out what’s next
Dr. Torgerson has excellent credentials as a facial plastic surgeon and ear, nose, and throat (ENT) surgeon. He is sought-after throughout Canada for his skilled, innovative, and artistic approach to rhinoplasty. His surgical centre and elite medical team routinely exceed all expectations. We want to hear all about your aesthetic goals and help you achieve them. Call today to schedule your consultation.
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- History of Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- How To Prepare For Rhinoplasty Consultation
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Nose Job Alternatives: What Can You Do Instead Of Rhinoplasty
- Nose Job Reviews and Rhinoplasty Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.