Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
If you’re unhappy with the appearance of your nose, you’ve probably researched options to change it.
The variety of rhinoplasty information on the Web can be confusing and overwhelming. We hope this article will help you understand the 2 main procedures performed on the nose and their differences, so you can make the right choice for you!
Rhinoplasty, commonly referred to as a nose job, is a surgical procedure performed under general anaesthetic. A non-surgical nose job is a newer treatment done outside the operating room in a doctor’s office. The procedure is much faster than surgery, typically done in less than 30 minutes. Many other differences exist between traditional rhinoplasty and a non-surgical nose job. These contrasts specifically relate to how long results last, the cost, and downtime (these will be addressed below). But the biggest difference between procedures is what YOU as a patient are looking for in terms of desired changes.
Improve The Overall Contours Of Your Nose
Cosmetic Vs Non-Cosmetic Nose Jobs
If you have a bump, droopy tip, or wish to slightly enhance your nose contours, then a non-surgical nose job may be right for you. On the other hand, if you want a significant decrease in size, have breathing issues, or want a dramatic change, a traditional rhinoplasty is probably the path to take. Typically, the characteristics unique to your nose will be the deciding factor between rhinoplasty and a non-surgical nose job.
Rhinoplasty surgery delivers results that last for many years. It’s intended to be performed only once. Since the anatomy of the nose is altered, the results won’t reverse as time goes on. On the other hand, a non-surgical nose job is performed by injecting hyaluronic acid dermal filler into the nose. The body slowly metabolizes the product, meaning results can last up to a year, but not forever. The procedure is usually repeated to achieve consistent results.
Less pain, less downtime
Achieve your desired result
Since rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure requiring a team to deliver results, the upfront cost is significantly higher than non-surgical nose jobs. However, keep in mind that non-surgical nose jobs must be repeated to maintain results, so they can cost more than rhinoplasty in the long run.
The last significant difference between procedures is downtime. Rhinoplasty requires a lengthy healing process with about 1 to 3 weeks of downtime. For long-lasting results, many people feel this is a fair tradeoff. However, if time off and inconvenience aren’t for you, non-surgical nose jobs require little to no downtime and are virtually painless.
Hopefully, this article has highlighted differences between rhinoplasty and non-surgical nose job procedures. At this point, you may have a better idea of which path you wish to take. The best way to know which method is more suited to you is to see an experienced facial plastic surgeon like Dr. Torgerson, who skillfully performs both.
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- History of Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- How To Prepare For Rhinoplasty Consultation
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Nose Job Alternatives: What Can You Do Instead Of Rhinoplasty
- Nose Job Reviews and Rhinoplasty Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.