10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
It is normal to feel slightly anxious when considering any facial cosmetic surgery
Preparing a list of questions prior to your initial consultation will ensure that you remember all of your concerns in order to gain complete understanding of the procedure. Booking a private consultation at our Toronto facial cosmetic surgery centre is the first step. Our friendly, knowledgeable staff will make you feel welcome and comfortable. You will find that Dr. Cory Torgerson is very approachable and happy to answer all of your questions. Our team at the Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Clinic are big believers in any prospective patient doing their research before choosing their top cosmetic surgeon. Full comprehension of rhinoplasty surgery alleviates concerns and prepares patients with what to expect.
Potential questions you might want to ask:
1. Is this private surgery centre licensed? Our clinic has received the highest ranking available (Level 3 Facility) by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario, the governing board that regulates private surgical facilities.
2. Are you a certified surgeon? Dr. Torgerson is licensed by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, having the highest levels of education that a Facial Plastic surgeon can achieve, along with an additional PhD in Neuroscience.
3. Were you trained in the field of plastic surgery? He is not only an ear, nose, and throat surgeon (Otolaryngologist), but has received further distinction by completing a fellowship to become a facial plastic surgeon.
4. How many years of plastic surgery training did you receive? After 4 years of medical school, Dr. Torgerson completed an additional 5 years of ENT Surgical Residency, followed by another year of fellowship training. That’s an impressive 10 years coupled together with another 8 years of post-secondary education, including a PhD. This means that Dr. Torgerson has over 18 years of the highest and most competitive educational background available in Canada today!
5. What are my responsibilities in order to have a successful rhinoplasty? It is important for patients to follow all instructions before and after surgery. How to prepare for the operation as well as what to do post-op will be explained in detail for you. The list will include what medications you will be required to take and what concerns to look for once the operation is complete and you are in the healing process. Being honest with Dr. Torgerson about previous surgeries, medication, allergies, etc., is also the patient’s responsibility.
Questions to Ask Before Rhinoplasty
6. Am I a good candidate for a rhinoplasty? Your concerns as well as your expectations will be discussed. It is important that you maintain realistic goals and that you are emotionally prepared to undergo surgery.
7. What surgical technique will you use? The “closed approach”, where entrance is made through the nostrils, is the technique used, as it lessens the amount of swelling that candidates experience.
8. How long of a recovery period can I expect? Dr. Torgerson advises at least 1 week, but preferably 2 weeks of downtime, if possible. Packing will be placed inside the nose and a splint on the outside to protect the nose during the first week. Bruising and swelling can be expected, but there will be a noticeable reduction in the bruising after just 1 week. The tip of a nose experiences the most swelling, and it can take up to 1 full year for that swelling to minimize completely.
9. What are the risks and complications? Infection is a concern with any surgery, and antibiotics are prescribed to guard against this. Excessive bleeding is dealt with by asking the patients to minimize head movements and sleep in an elevated position to decrease blood flow to the head as well as to decrease and limit certain medications and herbal remedies prior to surgery. Rhinoplasty patients must take extra precaution to protect their nose from being bumped during the healing process while the cartilage is repairing.
10. Can I see before and after photos of Rhinoplasty patients? Dr. Torgerson will be happy to review photos of his previous rhinoplasty patients. You will be able to see what his years of experience and expertise have accomplished for other people! Using Dr. Torgerson’s 3D VECTRA imaging system, you will also be able to choose the modifications you would prefer on your nose post-operatively and come up with a mutually agreed-upon surgical plan.
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- History of Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- How To Prepare For Rhinoplasty Consultation
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Nose Job Alternatives: What Can You Do Instead Of Rhinoplasty
- Nose Job Reviews and Rhinoplasty Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.