Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
This particular type of rhinoplasty addresses the width, or base of the nose if it’s out of proportion with other facial features.
It can also reduce the size and shape of nostrils if they’re asymmetrical. There are certain ethnic groups that inquire about alar base reduction more frequently than others due to natural nose characteristics.
Dr. Torgerson’s goal is to proportion your nose with other facial features to create balance and ensure the nose isn’t overly prominent
Alar Base Reduction Can Create Nose Harmony With Facial Features
Because Dr. Cory Torgerson operates his private surgery centre in the heart of Toronto, he has vast experience working with a variety of racial groups that all have distinct facial characteristics. Although there’s no right or wrong measurement for nose width, many people desire a more balanced-looking nose that still honours their ethnic background. Therefore, Dr. Torgerson’s goal is to alter nostril proportion to match other facial measurements naturally.
A simple method to measure optimal nose width uses the position of the eyes as a gauge. By drawing two imaginary vertical lines from the inside border of the eye down to the bottom of the nose, the distance between the lines should be equal to the width of the nose.
Alar base reduction is performed by making a small incision on the inside of the nostril and removing a small wedge of skin. A large nasal tip can be addressed at the same time to create a softer look that blends nicely with the new nostril size.
It’s essential to choose a rhinoplasty expert to perform alar base reduction
Design Your New Nose
If you feel your nostrils are too big and the base of your nose too wide, booking a consultation with Dr. Torgerson is the best place to start investigating your options. That’s because he was the first facial plastic surgeon in Canada to incorporate the 3D Vectra imaging system into his practice. This state-of-the-art technology allows you to choose the nose that will blend perfectly with your other facial features. Also, when you partner with Dr. Torgerson, you’ll be able to literally design your new nose and see what you’ll look like post-operatively. In the consultation, you will also have the opportunity to view before and after photos of previous patients with the same ethnic background, so you can see the difference this type of rhinoplasty might make for you.
It’s important to choose a rhinoplasty expert to perform alar base reduction. Dr. Torgerson received his certification from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in not only facial cosmetic surgery, but in head and neck surgery (otolaryngology) as well. His creative eye and experience operating on all nationalities make him your best choice for an alar base reduction rhinoplasty.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- History of Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto’s Nose-Reshaping Secrets: Why It’s Getting Harder to Tell Who’s Had Nose Jobs
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.