Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
To achieve the results a patient desires, implants may need to be used when performing rhinoplasty cosmetic surgery.
These implants are an excellent way to augment the dorsum, or bridge, of the nose when the candidate feels their nose is too flat or crooked. Asian rhinoplasty or African-American rhinoplasty are two surgeries where implants are quite commonly used.
Materials Have Been Used As Implants In Rhinoplasty Surgery
Dr. Torgerson has extensive experience performing both types of c in downtown Toronto at his private surgery centre. Typically, augmentation is achieved by using the person’s own cartilage, a silicone implant, or a Gore-Tex implant. Although these are the three options available, Dr. Torgerson’s preference is the 3D GoreTex implant.
Cartilage from a person’s ear can be used, but this causes an extra incision as well as another area that needs to heal. Most experienced facial plastic surgeons agree that this cartilage is too flimsy to produce the desired long-term effect. Human cartilage also has the potential to shrink and contract, thus altering the results of surgery.
Both silicone and Gore-Tex are man-made synthetic materials and have been used as implants in rhinoplasty surgery. Silicone is more prone to infection than Goretex, and the nasal tissues heal around the implant rather than incorporating into the tissues like Goretex. Silicone is a denser material, and there have been cases where the implant has protruded through the skin of the patient, especially if their skin is naturally thin.
Easy incorporation of a Gore-Tex implant with human tissue
3D Gore-Tex implant
The 3D Gore-Tex implant has achieved advanced approval from Health Canada and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and requires no allergy testing. It is a softer implant than silicone, thus replicating natural nasal cartilage. Goretex has microscopic holes, which act as pores, enabling the soft nasal tissue surrounding the implant to infiltrate the implant and fixate in place.
Gore-Tex is a biomedical material that is manufactured specifically to interact with living cells. Because of this technology, the implant anchors in place as the swelling minimizes after a nose job. There is no movement or shifting of the implant, which was a concern in the early days of rhinoplasty surgery. The easy incorporation of a Gore-Tex implant with human tissue also minimizes infection and inflammation.
There is no chance of a Gore-Tex implant contracting, so the client is assured that the shape achieved with surgery will not be minimized. Hundreds of thousands of Gore-Tex implants have been used successfully without any record of rejection. They integrate so beautifully that the body doesn’t consider the Gore-Tex to be a foreign substance. After the healing process takes place, clients are able to go back to all of their normal activities, including sports.
Dr. Cory Torgerson is an expert in ethnic rhinoplasty surgery. He not only has the necessary surgical qualifications and operating experience you can be confident in, but he has also been asked to speak internationally about the use of implants in surgery. By booking a private and confidential appointment at our Yorkville clinic, you will begin your journey to having the nose you’re most comfortable with.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- History of Rhinoplasty
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Toronto’s Nose-Reshaping Secrets: Why It’s Getting Harder to Tell Who’s Had Nose Jobs
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.