Rhinoplasty: Reconstructive Nose Surgery
When most people think of rhinoplasty also known as nose surgery, they picture a cosmetic “nose job”
Although this does account for nearly half of all nose surgery, the rest takes place due to medical concerns, some of which are extremely serious.
Rhinoplasty recovery can take place in a fairly short period of time
Rhinoplasty Medical Concerns
#1: A common reason for needing rhinoplasty is the repair of a broken nose. This can be fairly simple or, if severe, involve reconstruction of the underlying bone and cartilage. Depending on the extent of the damage, recovery can take place in a fairly short period of time or may involve significant bruising and swelling that resolves more slowly in a minimum of 4 to 6 weeks. #2: Another reason to seek help from a rhinoplasty surgeon is for blockages, polyps, or a deviated septum, which is the cartilage that separates the two nostrils. Since these conditions are treated primarily through the nostrils, recovery is relatively quick with limited bruising, swelling, or pain. #3: The most significant reconstructive nose surgery is performed as a result of cancer treatment. In this situation, extensive work may need to be done to remove the cancer and then return the nose to as normal a condition as possible. This is achieved through grafts of bone or cartilage and other implants and fillers as well as skin.
Keys to successful reconstructive rhinoplasty
As with any medical procedure, it is important to find a rhinoplasty clinic or surgeon whom you can relate to and trust. Facial reconstructive surgery can be performed by a range of doctors, but for the best results, turn to a specially trained professional who is certified and highly experienced, specifically with rhinoplasty. It is in your best interests to follow all of the doctor’s instructions for pre-surgical preparation so that the surgery will have the greatest chances for success. Things like ensuring a healthy diet, getting plenty of rest, quitting smoking (if you are a smoker), and stopping certain medications and over-the-counter supplements can have a profound effect on your ability to recover quickly and with fewer complications. Post-surgical compliance is also crucial for achieving the greatest satisfaction after rhinoplasty surgery. It is a good idea to have ice packs and any prescribed pain medication on hand. On the day of surgery, you will need someone to drive you home and look after you while the effects of anesthesia wear off. You may have to take some time off from work, restrict your activity, sleep with your head elevated and your face protected, and put off exercise for a while. Make sure you keep every follow-up appointment with your doctor and continue with your treatment plan as prescribed. Don’t be too quick to look in the mirror, because your results will be distorted by swelling and bruising for at least a little while after your procedure. There are a number of rhinoplasty surgeons in Toronto, but an expert like Dr. Cory Torgerson offers the best care in comfortable surroundings. Contact Dr. Torgerson’s Toronto facial plastic surgery centre to learn more about reconstructive rhinoplasty surgery today.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- History of Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto’s Nose-Reshaping Secrets: Why It’s Getting Harder to Tell Who’s Had Nose Jobs
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?