Rhinoplasty: What to Know Before Getting a Nose Job
As growing numbers of men and women are choosing elective rhinoplasty – a cosmetic ‘nose job’ – and many of these patients are younger and younger, it is important to know exactly what to expect
No matter the reason, any time you have surgery and are put under general anesthesia, there are serious risks and possible negative consequences. For that reason, it is important to work with a caring, concerned rhinoplasty surgeon who has your best interests at heart.
you should be sure the doctor you work with is highly experienced with rhinoplasty
Any Surgery is A Major Concern
A responsible doctor will want to make sure you are having this surgery for the right reasons and not just because it is a fad. Your expectations need to be realistic and your goals based on what will be appropriate for your face – not based on a picture from a magazine or a copy of someone else.
Finding The Right Doctor
It is important to check your rhinoplasty surgeon’s qualifications. Many good doctors are able to perform rhinoplasty procedures under the overall umbrella of their training and licensing but for the best results, you should be sure the doctor you work with is highly experienced with rhinoplasty. This should be someone with board certification, special training, and an eye for aesthetics. You should feel a connection with this person – that he or she understands your needs and goals.
Look At Pictures
Pictures are a good way to show the doctor what results you hope to achieve from surgery. By also looking at the doctor’s rhinoplasty before and after photos, you will be able to see how effective this surgeon is at effectively changing the look of his patients. You need to assess if all the noses look the same or if they are natural looking, fitting in harmony with the overall look of the face.
Follow all of your doctor’s post-surgical advice for the best results
Make a Plan Together
Know what you want before you consult with a rhinoplasty surgeon but be willing to listen to his or her advice. Identify the characteristics that trouble you about your appearance such as a pronounced hump or hook, wide or flat- looking nose, large nostrils, or down-turned tip. Realize that in many cases, less is more, so minimal work may achieve your desired results.
A good doctor will help you understand the limitations of surgery based on your particular nasal skeleton and other underlying structures. The expectation of too much change can lead to poor results that look fake and can actually cause damage to your nose.
Don’t Rush to Conclusions After Rhinoplasty Surgery
Although many rhinoplasty surgeons in Toronto are able to perform great work with minimal disruption to the basic structure of the nose, healing takes time. Don’t look at the mirror a day after surgery and expect to have to live with what you see. Bruising and swelling can last for several weeks and affect not only the nose but the eyes and upper cheek area. Be sure to follow all of your doctor’s pre- and post-surgical advice for the best results and proper healing.
For one of the top rhinoplasty surgeons in Toronto, contact Dr. Cory Torgerson today to find out more about achieving the appearance you want with rhinoplasty.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- History of Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto’s Nose-Reshaping Secrets: Why It’s Getting Harder to Tell Who’s Had Nose Jobs
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.