Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
Minimally invasive and non-surgical, laser skin tightening is a procedure using laser light in the infrared spectrum to heat up the collagen that lays underneath the skin.
This process promotes the development of further collagen and is among the few natural ways to tighten up the facial skin. For example, for individuals with sagging skin around the jaw and neck region, laser skin tightening is highly recommended.
Laser Skin Tightening FAQs
What Does the Procedure Feel Like?
The average laser skin-tightening procedure lasts around 45 minutes. This begins by applying a numbing cream to the face, minimizing any discomfort experienced during the procedure. Then a laser is gently glided across the skin, heating up the collagen as needed. As the skin undergoes its recovery process, the skin will gradually tighten, creating a more youthful and rejuvenated appearance in time.
Will I See Results Immediately?
Though there will be some differences seen immediately after the first treatment, the most dramatic results are typically seen after the second or third treatment. Patience is key when it comes to this treatment or any other form of invasive or non-invasive facial cosmetic treatment. It takes time!
How Many Treatments Are Required?
Though it varies from one individual to another, in most cases, a series of up to 4 or 5 treatments is recommended.
How Often Should I Get Laser Skin Tightening Done?
A series of treatments are performed on a monthly basis. They are typically spaced apart between 3 to 4 weeks.
How Soon Can I Return to My Regular Routine After Treatment?
You may return back to work immediately following treatment. This is one of the most amazing benefits of laser skin tightening.
Does Laser Skin Tightening Work for Everyone?
Laser skin tightening works on approximately 90% of all individuals. In some cases, the treatment is not recommended due to any number of issues that should be evaluated in the initial consultation process.
Can This Laser Treatment be Combined with Others?
Yes, laser skin tightening can be combined with other treatments, depending on the skin type and the results sought. Always consult a healthcare professional prior to committing to any treatment, ensuring that what you have in mind is compatible.
Is There Anything I Should Know About After the Procedure?
Always remember to wear sunblock after any laser procedure and continue to strictly adhere to sun protection to prevent any additional damage to your skin. Other than ensuring that your skin is being appropriately protected from the sun, there is not much more to take into consideration following a procedure.
Can I Continue to Use Facial Care Products After?
Absolutely. There is nothing preventing you from using your usual moisturizers, cleansers, and any other facial care products. To ensure that the health of your skin is being protected, just remember to keep your skin healthy and try not to change products too often.
If you are looking for more information on laser skin tightening and/or do not see your question answered here, please contact Dr. Torgerson (647)343-0207. Speaking with one of Toronto’s top laser skin tightening treatment specialists, Dr. Torgerson would be happy to address any questions or concerns you may have. Through a thorough consultation, Dr. Torgerson can provide a thorough skin assessment and can advise on the most appropriate treatment options for what you want to achieve.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- ND-YAG Laser
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Scar Treatments
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.