Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
Among the most popular new rejuvenation options in the facial cosmetic procedure marketplace, laser skin tightening is a unique procedure that produces dramatic results for its patients.
Reduce the appearance of wrinkles, tighten up loose skin, and smooth out the texture for an overall more youthful looking appearance. Learn about laser skin-tightening treatments below and the benefits associated with the procedure.
What is Laser Skin Tightening?
Minimally invasive and non-surgical, laser skin tightening uses an infrared laser to tighten skin by heating the collagen under the skin’s surface. This causes the skin to contract and begin slowly producing more collagen. The results are noticeable immediately following treatment, and downtime is minimal. As it pertains to fine lines, wrinkles, and skin laxity, laser skin-tightening treatment results may not be as dramatic as a face lift, for example. However, it is still a safe, effective way to restore a firmer, more youthful appearance.
What to Expect During a Laser Skin-Tightening Session
A laser skin-tightening session begins by removing all substances that may be on the skin (i.e. makeup, oils, moisturizers, etc.). Then a professional will apply a topical anaesthetic cream to the area that will be treated. No further anesthetic is needed due to the fact that the laser is non-ablative. During a session, the practitioner will use a handpiece to apply brief pulses of laser energy to the skin. A normal session may last from 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the extent of treatment.
What Are the Costs of Laser Skin Tightening?
There is no precise cost to laser skin tightening. It depends on the intensity of the laser, the kind of laser being used, and the number of sessions required, among other considerations. In addition, the size and location of the area to be tightened need to be taken into account. That said, laser skin tightening is less expensive than invasive surgeries and, typically, financing is available to assist in making such an expense more affordable.
What Are the Risks of Laser Skin Tightening?
Laser skin tightening is an appropriate recommendation for both men and women of all skin types and skin tones who are seeking the most dramatic results without having to go under the knife and/or without the lengthy recovery times associated with alternative options.
Any person between 30 and 60 years of age and in good health can be considered ideal candidates for laser skin-tightening procedures. Patients with extreme skin laxity are not typically recommended for laser skin tightening.
There are few medical risks associated with laser skin tightening. Any patients who are prone to herpes breakouts or who have skin cancer should consult with their doctor regarding additional medical considerations. Pregnant women should not receive laser skin-tightening treatments. Any patients who scar easily and/or who are using acne medication should discuss the possibility of adverse reactions to skin tightening with their doctor prior to undergoing the procedure.
What Are the Benefits of Laser Skin Tightening?
The major benefit of laser skin tightening is that it is a safe way to get the body to use its own natural processes to repair skin tissue. This is done through the promotion of collagen using laser techniques. After the treatment is completed, patients are able to return to their regular activities immediately. There is also no pain associated with laser skin-tightening treatment. Some minor discomfort can be associated with the heat of the laser; however, any over-the-counter pain relief medication taken prior to a treatment session will eliminate the pain.
If you are looking for more information on the costs, risks, and benefits of laser skin tightening, please contact Dr. Torgerson, 647-343-0207. Speaking with one of Toronto’s top laser skin tightening treatment specialists, Dr. Torgerson can provide a thorough skin assessment and can advise on the most appropriate treatment options for what you want to achieve.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- ND-YAG Laser
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Scar Treatments
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.