Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
Among the most popular new rejuvenation options in the facial cosmetic procedure marketplace, laser skin tightening is a unique procedure that produces dramatic results for its patients.
Reduce the appearance of wrinkles, tighten up loose skin, and smooth out the texture for an overall more youthful looking appearance. Learn about laser skin-tightening treatments below and the benefits associated with the procedure.
What is Laser Skin Tightening?
Minimally invasive and non-surgical, laser skin tightening uses an infrared laser to tighten skin by heating the collagen under the skin’s surface. This causes the skin to contract and begin slowly producing more collagen. The results are noticeable immediately following treatment, and downtime is minimal. As it pertains to fine lines, wrinkles, and skin laxity, laser skin-tightening treatment results may not be as dramatic as a face lift, for example. However, it is still a safe, effective way to restore a firmer, more youthful appearance.
What to Expect During a Laser Skin-Tightening Session
A laser skin-tightening session begins by removing all substances that may be on the skin (i.e. makeup, oils, moisturizers, etc.). Then a professional will apply a topical anaesthetic cream to the area that will be treated. No further anesthetic is needed due to the fact that the laser is non-ablative. During a session, the practitioner will use a handpiece to apply brief pulses of laser energy to the skin. A normal session may last from 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the extent of treatment.
What Are the Costs of Laser Skin Tightening?
There is no precise cost to laser skin tightening. It depends on the intensity of the laser, the kind of laser being used, and the number of sessions required, among other considerations. In addition, the size and location of the area to be tightened need to be taken into account. That said, laser skin tightening is less expensive than invasive surgeries and, typically, financing is available to assist in making such an expense more affordable.
What Are the Risks of Laser Skin Tightening?
Laser skin tightening is an appropriate recommendation for both men and women of all skin types and skin tones who are seeking the most dramatic results without having to go under the knife and/or without the lengthy recovery times associated with alternative options.
Any person between 30 and 60 years of age and in good health can be considered ideal candidates for laser skin-tightening procedures. Patients with extreme skin laxity are not typically recommended for laser skin tightening.
There are few medical risks associated with laser skin tightening. Any patients who are prone to herpes breakouts or who have skin cancer should consult with their doctor regarding additional medical considerations. Pregnant women should not receive laser skin-tightening treatments. Any patients who scar easily and/or who are using acne medication should discuss the possibility of adverse reactions to skin tightening with their doctor prior to undergoing the procedure.
What Are the Benefits of Laser Skin Tightening?
The major benefit of laser skin tightening is that it is a safe way to get the body to use its own natural processes to repair skin tissue. This is done through the promotion of collagen using laser techniques. After the treatment is completed, patients are able to return to their regular activities immediately. There is also no pain associated with laser skin-tightening treatment. Some minor discomfort can be associated with the heat of the laser; however, any over-the-counter pain relief medication taken prior to a treatment session will eliminate the pain.
If you are looking for more information on the costs, risks, and benefits of laser skin tightening, please contact Dr. Torgerson, 647-343-0207. Speaking with one of Toronto’s top laser skin tightening treatment specialists, Dr. Torgerson can provide a thorough skin assessment and can advise on the most appropriate treatment options for what you want to achieve.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Ablative Laser Treatments
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.