Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
When choosing the laser skin therapy treatment that will provide you with the results you desire, it is beneficial for you to understand all aspects of the laser treatment.
Topics like what you can do to prepare for the treatment, what will take place during the appointment, and the amount of time needed for recovery are all important. The healing process is different for everyone, and there are many variables involved, but there are general timelines that you can expect.
ClearLift laser skin therapy rejuvenates the complexion, tightens the skin, and stimulates the formation of collagen. This type of procedure allows you to walk into the clinic, receive the treatment in less than half an hour, and walk out! Your skin will feel tighter and may look slightly pink because of the stimulation of the laser heat, but there is no recovery time, which is why it is a popular laser skin treatment.
Producing A Glowing Complexion
Recovery Time Variations
AFT laser therapy, advanced IPL laser treatment, is able to smooth out fine lines around the mouth and eyes, address superficial acne scars, produce a glowing complexion, and activate collagen growth. Your skin will feel tight, as if you’ve been in the sun, and may swell slightly and appear red. The majority of people are able to return to their normal schedule immediately, but 1 to 3 days off may allow you to feel more comfortable prior to going out in public.
iPixel erbium and CO2 laser use more intense heat. Therefore, the facial results are more evident and pronounced. Both of these skin rejuvenation techniques reduce the appearance of deep wrinkles by providing a smoother skin surface and better texture and tone, minimizing facial imperfections and leaving the client with a fresh, vibrant complexion. Because the top layer of skin has been removed, recovery time is longer, as the new layer of skin requires time to heal. Following laser skin therapy, it is normal for the face to feel hot. This can be alleviated with cold cloths and ice packs. The skin will appear red and may swell and look inflamed. iPixel erbium laser usually requires 3 to 5 days for recovery time, and CO2 fractionated laser requires 5 to 7 days.
Exact Instructions Will Be Given To All Laser Treatment Patients
Following post-treatment directions will greatly minimize the healing process. Dr. Torgerson will prescribe antibiotics to guard against infection and possibly an anti-inflammatory pain medication. Rinsing the face with cool water is necessary to remove the old skin as it peels off. A gel similar to Vaseline will need to be applied to keep the new skin moist and protected. Because the face will be sensitive, patients are advised not to use soap or perfumed creams. Other suggestions for the recovery period are propping yourself up with an extra pillow to elevate the head. This will reduce unnecessary blood flow to the face. Also, hot baths, saunas, and sunbathing are not recommended! The beautiful results that have been achieved with any facial laser therapy will last longer if the client stays out of the sun and uses sunscreen when outdoors. Exact instructions will be given to all laser treatment patients.
Although recovery time is necessary with most laser skin therapy, the incredible results that laser can achieve warrant the healing process.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- ND-YAG Laser
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Scar Treatments
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.