Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
With the advent of laser treatments expanding on a global scale, it can become a lengthy process for some people to differentiate the characteristics between the various types of laser treatments available on the marketplace today.
At Dr. Torgerson’s Facial Plastic Surgery Clinic, our goal is to provide the necessary crucial information to our clients so they can make informed decisions. When it comes to plastic surgery or facial treatments, it is important to understand which treatment can be beneficial to you based on your desired results. Cosmetic skin resurfacing is one of the most common procedures people select for their facial laser treatments. Let’s look at common questions that patients ask when they are considering laser facial treatments.
Which Laser Treatment Is The Most Effective For Resurfacing?
CO2 ablative laser-resurfacing treatments are the most effective due to the extensive remodelling that occurs in the skin, which is initiated by the injury caused to the epidermis with the use of lasers. The deep microscopic holes cause the skin to produce more collagen and regenerate new skin cells that ultimately rebuild and restructure the surface of the skin. People who get CO2 laser treatments see dramatic improvements in their skin’s tone, texture, resilience, and smoothness. CO2 fractional laser treatment is the optimal solution for an array of skin ageing and skin irregularity concerns. CO2 treatments also have longer associated downtime due to the intensity and the transformative properties of the laser technology.
Which Laser Treatment Is The Most Effective For Skin Tightening?
Ultherapy is approved for safely and effectively treating, lifting, and reducing fine lines on the face, neck, and brows. Ultherapy works by applying targeted, focussed beams of ultrasound energy to the dermal layers of the skin. The technology uses ultrasound imaging to precisely apply the targeted laser into the zones selected for treatment. Ultherapy engages the collagen in the skin to start rebuilding and remodelling itself from the inside out. Because collagen remodeling takes several months, Ultherapy results are seen at about 3 to 6 months post-treatment. Ultherapy has been proven to work on all skin types and skin tones for tightening, lifting, and improving the signs of aging on the skin of the face and neck. Ultherapy is also a semi-lasting treatment with results that can last anywhere from 1 to 4 years!
Which Laser is the Least Painful?
ClearLift is a phenomenal treatment for those who wish to tighten and lift the skin with a series of multiple treatments over the course of several weeks and months. ClearLift is a gentle way to improve the skin texture and pore size without any associated downtime. ClearLift is the only laser facial treatment that is entirely pain-free, requires no post-operative care, and has no side effects. ClearLift works by distributing dual-light technology that goes deep into the subcutaneous tissue to stimulate the growth of new collagen without affecting the epidermis. For patients who have a very low tolerance for pain and/or do not have the availability to take time off for the recovery of their facial treatments, ClearLift would be their best option.
Can Laser Treatments Be Paired with Other Laser Treatments?
Yes! Almost all laser facial treatments can be paired with other facial treatments. It is best to have a personal consultation with Dr. Torgerson, who can outline the best solutions for you based on the anti-ageing results you are seeking.
Which Laser Treatment Requires the Most Downtime?
CO2 fractional laser treatments require the most amount of downtime. That is because fractionated treatments cause superficial injury to the skin, which requires a minimum of 1 week to 10 days to heal with an extended period of redness that may persist for several weeks after the healing phase of the treatment.
Which Laser Treatments Require More Than 3 Treatments?
Except for Ultherapy and sometimes CO2 treatments, almost all other laser facial treatments require a series of treatments that need to be performed consecutively, scheduled anywhere from a few days apart to 4 to 6 weeks apart. Some of the treatments that require more than once session include, but are not limited to the following: Tattoo removal – 6 to 8 treatments, 8 weeks apart ClearLift – 4 treatments, 4 weeks apart Lesion removal – dependable size, every 4 weeks Vein removal – 3 to 4 treatments, 4 weeks apart Scar removal – 4 treatments, 8 weeks apart.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- ND-YAG Laser
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Scar Treatments
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.