The ND-YAG laser is well admired for its multiple uses and treatment functions with laser skin procedures.
ND-YAG Laser treatments are used throughout the medical community for everything ranging from Laser tattoo removal to age spots to skin rejuvenation. Many eye doctors even use this type of laser for repairing a wide variety of eye conditions like cataracts or glaucoma. At Dr. Torgerson’s Toronto Laser Clinic, the ND-YAG laser is used to effectively treat skin conditions such as minor wrinkles, birthmarks, tattoos, and age spots. Dr. Torgerson has effectively used the YAG to help hundreds of patients restore the youthful quality of their skin.
How Does the ND-YAG Laser Work?
This type of laser utilizes a highly concentrated beam of light released in short bursts on the target areas. The skin then absorbs the light in the form of heat energy, causing minor scarring and tears of the skin and encouraging the growth of new skin via the body’s natural healing process. The YAG laser is very precise and will not damage the surrounding areas. The laser effectively removes the outer layers of skin, causing the body to regenerate new skin over top.
Will ND-YAG Laser Treatments Improve My Appearance?
Yes, if you have any spots, pigmentation, or small wrinkles you are unhappy with, laser treatments will definitely help improve your appearance. By removing these spots, your face will have a more even skin tone, giving you a more youthful appearance. Most patients of Dr. Torgerson are very pleased with the results of the procedure and find that their new, fresh skin gives them more confidence and a nice healthy glow. This laser also can be used to effectively treat unwanted tattoos by effectively breaking them up over several sessions until the tattoo disappears.
What To Expect During The Procedure?
Dr. Torgerson will apply a local anesthetic to the area where the laser will be administered. Most patients report only minor discomfort throughout their laser treatment. The YAG laser will then be carefully directed over your skin, sending out small, quick pulses of energy. Depending on the size of the area being targeted, it may take several short passes to achieve the desired results.
What To Expect After The Procedure?
After your procedure, Dr. Torgerson will apply a small amount of ointment to the treated area. Healing time will vary, depending on the size and thickness of the area treated. However, in general the skin should be fully recovered within a few days. During this time, patients may experience minor irritation and swelling. This is normal and is part of the body’s natural healing process. Dr. Torgerson will provide clients with information sheets outlining what to expect afterwards and how to care for your treated skin as it heals.
Why Choose Dr. Torgerson’s Laser Clinic?
The YAG laser is a very safe device when used properly, but is also a very complicated piece of machinery that should only be used by a skilled nurse under the watchful care of an experienced Facial Plastic Surgeon. Dr. Torgerson is one of the top cosmetic surgeons in the Greater Toronto Area, and he has helped thousands of patients over the years achieve the appearance they desire, both surgically and non-surgically. He truly cares about each of his patients and is willing to offer any help or advice necessary from the first appointment to post-procedure care. If you think that you might benefit from ND-YAG laser treatment or any other type or laser skin rejuvenation, contact our office today to schedule your free laser consultation.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- ND-YAG Laser
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Scar Treatments
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.