The ND-YAG laser is well admired for its multiple uses and treatment functions with laser skin procedures.
ND-YAG Laser treatments are used throughout the medical community for everything ranging from Laser tattoo removal to age spots to skin rejuvenation. Many eye doctors even use this type of laser for repairing a wide variety of eye conditions like cataracts or glaucoma. At Dr. Torgerson’s Toronto Laser Clinic, the ND-YAG laser is used to effectively treat skin conditions such as minor wrinkles, birthmarks, tattoos, and age spots. Dr. Torgerson has effectively used the YAG to help hundreds of patients restore the youthful quality of their skin.
How Does the ND-YAG Laser Work?
This type of laser utilizes a highly concentrated beam of light released in short bursts on the target areas. The skin then absorbs the light in the form of heat energy, causing minor scarring and tears of the skin and encouraging the growth of new skin via the body’s natural healing process. The YAG laser is very precise and will not damage the surrounding areas. The laser effectively removes the outer layers of skin, causing the body to regenerate new skin over top.
Will ND-YAG Laser Treatments Improve My Appearance?
Yes, if you have any spots, pigmentation, or small wrinkles you are unhappy with, laser treatments will definitely help improve your appearance. By removing these spots, your face will have a more even skin tone, giving you a more youthful appearance. Most patients of Dr. Torgerson are very pleased with the results of the procedure and find that their new, fresh skin gives them more confidence and a nice healthy glow. This laser also can be used to effectively treat unwanted tattoos by effectively breaking them up over several sessions until the tattoo disappears.
What To Expect During The Procedure?
Dr. Torgerson will apply a local anesthetic to the area where the laser will be administered. Most patients report only minor discomfort throughout their laser treatment. The YAG laser will then be carefully directed over your skin, sending out small, quick pulses of energy. Depending on the size of the area being targeted, it may take several short passes to achieve the desired results.
What to Expect After the Procedure
After your procedure, Dr. Torgerson will apply a small amount of ointment to the treated area. Healing time will vary, depending on the size and thickness of the area treated. However, in general, the skin should be fully recovered within a few days. During this time, patients may experience minor irritation and swelling. This is normal and is part of the body’s natural healing process. Dr. Torgerson will provide clients with information sheets outlining what to expect afterwards and how to care for your treated skin as it heals.
Why Choose Dr. Torgerson’s Laser Clinic?
The YAG laser is a very safe device when used properly, but is also a very complicated piece of machinery that should only be used by qualified personnel under the watchful care of an experienced facial plastic surgeon. Dr. Torgerson is one of the top cosmetic surgeons in the Greater Toronto Area, and he has helped thousands of patients over the years achieve the appearance they desire, both surgically and non-surgically. He truly cares about each of his patients and is willing to offer any help or advice necessary from the first appointment to post-procedure care. If you think that you might benefit from ND-YAG laser treatment or any other type or laser skin rejuvenation, contact our office today to schedule your laser consultation.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- ND-YAG Laser
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Scar Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.