Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
Though acne is typically associated with younger people, it can affect anyone at any age.
A major skin concern among many Canadians, acne is a reaction to the overproduction of oil by the skin’s oil glands. Though this oil, known as sebum, is required to lubricate the skin, it causes pimples when it blocks the oil ducts.
The damage that acne can provoke is known as “acne scarring”. Acne scarring affects people in a variety of different ways and ultimately has a negative impact on their psychological, professional, and social lives. Sadly, there are a range of ineffective treatments commonly recommended to treat acne scarring in Canada that are ineffective and present several health risks. Some of these options include excision, punch excision, subcision, dermabrasion, chemical peeling, and microdermabrasion.
Today, the most effective treatment to remove acne scars is laser treatment. Through the use of laser and intense pulsed light, a patient receives a non-invasive treatment that reaches deeply into the skin’s top layer, allowing the body’s natural healing processes to do most of the work in repairing the damaged tissue. The procedure for laser treatments addressing acne scarring can often be completed in less than 40 minutes. Applications of up to 6 treatments are typically recommended over a period of 2 months. When completed, your acne scars will be diminished completely (results do vary depending on the severity of the scar), and the skin in its place will appear rejuvenated, creating a smooth and clear surface.
There Are 5 Main Types Of Laser Treatments That Are Used To Address Acne Scarring
Types of Laser Treatments for Acne Scarring
- Frazel lasers are non-ablative laser and do not vaporize any tissue. Instead, they heat the columns of tissue with laser energy, thereby stimulating natural, new collagen production in the skin.
- Carbon dioxide lasers provide high-quality results that are considered to be better than Frazel laser treatments. By emitting short bursts of high-energy laser, the scar tissue is vaporized layer by layer. Within 3 to 10 days, the patient sees a full recovery.
- Fractional laser treatment is widely considered the best treatment for acne scars. Only a small portion of the skin is treated, stimulating faster healing and production of collagen.
- Pixel lasers apply small pin-sized points to the affected regions, providing a highly accurate depth of penetration that is guaranteed to leave the rest of the skin untouched and intact.
- ActiveFx and DeepFx lasers are lasers to specifically target the superficial and deeper layers respectively.
Highly Recommended To Repair Acne Scarring
Advantages of Laser Treatments
Laser treatments are highly recommended to repair acne scarring because they work as a team with the natural systems that protect and rebuild the skin tissue. Compared to harsher methods, such as chemical peels, glycolic acids, punch excision, and surgical lasers, laser treatments are the most natural, safest way to address acne scarring. The side effects of laser treatment are also minimal, sometimes resulting in temporary crusting, swelling, and/or dilated blood vessels, and potentially some blood spotting.
Visit a Certified Skincare Centre Prior to Treatment
When used by inexperienced, unregistered clinics, laser treatments without a consultation with qualified professionals can severely harm the skin.
Contact a certified skin care centre prior to getting any treatment done to ensure that you are committing to laser treatment from a trusted source. Be sure to ask about the type of laser treatment they are recommending and why, the total number of sessions they recommend, the cost, and any side effects that may become present in recovery.
Thinking About Laser Treatment for Acne Scars? Visit Dr. Torgerson
If you are looking to permanently remove unwanted acne scars in the safest, most effective way possible, consider scheduling a consultation with Dr. Torgerson today at 647-343-0207. As one of Toronto’s top laser treatment specialists, Dr. Torgerson will be able to recommend an acne laser treatment appropriate for you after completing an extensive assessment on the area you wish to treat.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.