Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
There is good news for anyone who has facial scars and is looking for a treatment option to remove the scars!
You no longer have to put up with them the rest of your life! Scars that were once thought to be long lasting can be minimized and in some cases completely removed due to the advancement of laser skin resurfacing. Whether the scar is the result of a car accident, a blow to the face, or acne from adolescent puberty, incredible improvements to facial texture and surface is now achievable.
Laser Has Been Used For Cosmetic And Aesthetic Purposes For Many Years
Successful Laser Operations
While many people know that laser has been used successfully to conduct operations, they don’t know that it has been used for cosmetic and aesthetic purposes for many years as well. There are several types of effective laser therapies, and each one is used to address different types of scarring. If the damage is minimal and only affects the surface of the skin, an AFT laser penetrating heat to underlying skin tissues causes the uneven surface texture to become smoother and tighter. If the scarring reaches deeper layers of tissue, iPixel erbium or CO2 laser treatments can be administered to the surface of the skin. The heat eliminates the old layer of skin, promoting a fresh new layer underneath to be generated with beautiful texture and tone.
It is rare for scar removal (especially deep marks) to be effective with just one laser session. A consultation with Dr. Cory Torgerson enables you to learn what you can do prior to therapy to prepare your skin to receive the full benefit of the laser treatment. Following his after-care instructions will optimize your results as well.
A Laser Treatment Can Be Accomplished In a Short Amount of Time
Vivier Skin Care Products
Laser therapy is more successful if the skin cells are healthy. Dr. Torgerson advocates the use of Vivier skin care products and makes them available at his facial cosmetic clinic in Yorkville. Vivier’s active ingredients are more concentrated than regular creams available at pharmacies, and for 20 years, the company’s formulas have successfully targeted the health of the skin. Beautiful, vibrant skin also begins internally, and Dr. Torgerson also recommends taking the nutritional supplement GliSODin prior to laser treatments. GliSODin contains the “enzyme of life”, which is known to rid the body of free radicals and enable skin tissues to heal faster.
A laser treatment can be accomplished in a short amount of time. AFT-IPL laser therapy can be completed in 30 minutes, and CO2 laser therapy can be completed simply and easily with a patient under conscious sedation. Your normal schedule can be resumed immediately following the AFT-IPL skin rejuvenation procedure, whereas iPixel erbium laser treatments or CO2 laser therapy will require 3 to 7 days of downtime.
What Dr. Torgerson Recommends?
Prior to treatment, Dr. Torgerson recommends taking a couple of Tylenol. A topical ointment is sufficient for AFT laser and conscious sedation, or complete sedation is available for the more intense laser methods.
Reducing facial scarring is definitely possible, although some resolution on the part of the client is necessary. Dr. Torgerson is more than willing to answer all your questions and concerns. He and his certified RNs will walk through the process with you to make it a successful and rewarding experience.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.