Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
Laser therapy now offers hope for men and women who endured acne during adolescence and the resulting scars during adulthood.
Laser technology is now so advanced that it is able to reduce or even remove the scars and produce a beautiful, smooth skin texture. Acne scar removal is just one of the laser treatments offered at Dr. Cory Torgerson’s private laser clinic in Yorkville, Toronto.
Ablative And Non-ablative Laser Therapy
Types Of Laser Therapy
There are several types of laser therapy that are effective in removing acne scars. The procedure that Dr. Torgerson would recommend depends on a person’s skin type, the damage to the skin tissues, and the depth of the scars. Laser therapy is divided into two categories: ablative and non-ablative. Ablative laser therapy removes the top layer of skin and part of the sub-layer, while non-ablative laser therapy keeps the outer layer of skin in place for faster healing and recovery.
If the scars are small and superficial, a non-invasive laser treatment such as AFT (advanced IPL laser) may be suggested. This laser uses low-energy light pulses to penetrate underlying layers of skin. The heat disrupts nerves, tissue, and blood vessels, and as everything heals, the outcome is a tighter, smoother complexion. AFT laser also stimulates collagen production, with the results being noticed on facial skin several weeks after the procedure. Because the top layers of skin are untouched by the laser heat, there is no need to take a lot of time off of your schedule to heal.
Ablative laser therapy is more aggressive and would be necessary if acne scars are deeper and more prevalent. Ablative refers to the removal of something, and both the iPixel erbium laser and the CO2 laser heat remove the epidermis – the top layer of skin – revealing a fresh, new layer underneath. Both of these methods are referred to as laser skin resurfacing because after healing from a session, the face literally acquires a new surface. iPixel erbium CO2 laser treatments also kickstart collagen growth, which continues to produce glowing skin for weeks after the therapy is over.
Successful Solutions For The Removal Of Acne Scars
Laser skin therapy
Although both of these lasers are powerful, the lesser of the two would be the iPixel erbium laser. It uses erbium laser heat in pixel-sized dots to penetrate the skin tissue. Because not all of the facial surface has been touched, iPixel requires less downtime to heal than C02 laser. One session may not completely remove all the acne scars, and 2 or 3 subsequent appointments booked 4 weeks apart may be necessary.
CO2 laser therapy uses carbon dioxide, pulsed heat to target the entire surface of the epidermis (top layer of skin), removing the acne scars. It requires approximately 1 week of downtime for the old skin to completely flake off and for the fresh, new layer of skin to heal. The face is “resurfaced” with a bright, new texture. Although CO2 laser is the most invasive laser treatment, it typically only requires 1 session to accomplish its purpose.
Laser skin therapy has developed several successful solutions for the removal of acne scars. The results of blemishes no longer need to be visible reminders every time you look in the mirror! Contact our laser centre in Toronto to schedule your own private consultation!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- ND-YAG Laser
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Scar Treatments
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.