Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
Laser therapy now offers hope for men and women who endured acne during adolescence and the resulting scars during adulthood.
Laser technology is now so advanced that it is able to reduce or even remove the scars and produce a beautiful, smooth skin texture. Acne scar removal is just one of the laser treatments offered at Dr. Cory Torgerson’s private laser clinic in Yorkville, Toronto.
Ablative And Non-ablative Laser Therapy
Types Of Laser Therapy
There are several types of laser therapy that are effective in removing acne scars. The procedure that Dr. Torgerson would recommend depends on a person’s skin type, the damage to the skin tissues, and the depth of the scars. Laser therapy is divided into two categories: ablative and non-ablative. Ablative laser therapy removes the top layer of skin and part of the sub-layer, while non-ablative laser therapy keeps the outer layer of skin in place for faster healing and recovery.
If the scars are small and superficial, a non-invasive laser treatment such as AFT (advanced IPL laser) may be suggested. This laser uses low-energy light pulses to penetrate underlying layers of skin. The heat disrupts nerves, tissue, and blood vessels, and as everything heals, the outcome is a tighter, smoother complexion. AFT laser also stimulates collagen production, with the results being noticed on facial skin several weeks after the procedure. Because the top layers of skin are untouched by the laser heat, there is no need to take a lot of time off of your schedule to heal.
Ablative laser therapy is more aggressive and would be necessary if acne scars are deeper and more prevalent. Ablative refers to the removal of something, and both the iPixel erbium laser and the CO2 laser heat remove the epidermis – the top layer of skin – revealing a fresh, new layer underneath. Both of these methods are referred to as laser skin resurfacing because after healing from a session, the face literally acquires a new surface. iPixel erbium CO2 laser treatments also kickstart collagen growth, which continues to produce glowing skin for weeks after the therapy is over.
Successful Solutions For The Removal Of Acne Scars
Laser skin therapy
Although both of these lasers are powerful, the lesser of the two would be the iPixel erbium laser. It uses erbium laser heat in pixel-sized dots to penetrate the skin tissue. Because not all of the facial surface has been touched, iPixel requires less downtime to heal than C02 laser. One session may not completely remove all the acne scars, and 2 or 3 subsequent appointments booked 4 weeks apart may be necessary.
CO2 laser therapy uses carbon dioxide, pulsed heat to target the entire surface of the epidermis (top layer of skin), removing the acne scars. It requires approximately 1 week of downtime for the old skin to completely flake off and for the fresh, new layer of skin to heal. The face is “resurfaced” with a bright, new texture. Although CO2 laser is the most invasive laser treatment, it typically only requires 1 session to accomplish its purpose.
Laser skin therapy has developed several successful solutions for the removal of acne scars. The results of blemishes no longer need to be visible reminders every time you look in the mirror! Contact our laser centre in Toronto to schedule your own private consultation!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?