Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
Laser treatments are very popular with both the young and old as a non-surgical skin-resurfacing option
Unfortunately, ablative laser treatments and other skin-resurfacing treatments like chemical peels are classically not recommended for people who have a darker skin type (Fitzpatrick skin types IV to VI). These ethnicities would be adversely affected by some laser treatments. Keep reading for more info on treatments for darker skin tones.
Achieve beautiful, rejuvenated skin results
V2 Beauty Booster technology
People with a darker complexion have skin that contains more melanin and therefore have a higher association with risks and complications. Complications can include hyperpigmentation, hypopigmentation, infections, scarring, and other unsatisfactory results. This limits the laser treatment options for darker skin. The good news is that microneedling is a rapidly expanding, popular treatment that is advantageous, particularly for ethnic individuals. These cosmetic procedures have a great safety profile, and micro-needling treatments can help improve a number of dermatologic conditions ranging from scarring to mild acne. It is not a laser treatments, but will still improve the quality of the face, treat fine lines and wrinkles, and add luminosity and a healthy glow to the skin. The medical literature promotes micro needling as an effective and safe option for skin of colour. This is exciting for people who may have thought there were no treatment possibilities. The risks are very minimal, and complications are rare.
At our Toronto laser clinic, we offer micro-needling services with the V2 Beauty Booster technology, enriched with Redensity I. The V2 Beauty Booster uses sterile, high-grade needles to micro-needle the facial skin with hundreds of small perforations. Your own body’s healing response is used to achieve beautiful, rejuvenated skin results. The skin tissue will be re-built, and new skin cell growth is stimulated (elastin and collagen) through increased blood flow to the treated area. The results are also enhanced with Redensity 1, an award-winning hyaluronic acid-based product that hydrates the skin, supplemented by minerals, amino acids, and vitamin B6.
What to Expect from Laser Treatments
The microneedling treatment is non-invasive and does not require much (if any) downtime. The treatment begins with an application of a topical numbing cream to cool the skin prior to treatment. Patients find the micro-needling tolerable even without the numbing cream, but the cream does bring an extra level of comfort to the treatment itself. Once the actual micro needling begins, the entire face is treated in about 20 minutes. There are tiny micro bumps that cover the face post-injection, but these begin to immediately go down with the punctures closing within 90 minutes and are mostly resolved within 24 hours. Some patients experience some redness, tiny bruising, or swelling, but this is also minimal and not an inhibitor to their normal routine and activities. After treatment, a gentle face wash can be used to cleanse the face, and people can return to their normal skincare regime with any active ingredients within 24 to 48 hours. Best results are seen in the facial skin after a series of 3 treatments spaced 3 weeks apart.
If you are someone with a darker skin tone and feel that your skin could benefit from some micro-needling treatment sessions, we would love to hear from you! Please contact our Toronto office for further information, and we will respond to you within one business day.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?